At the end of this post are the rules, regulations and revised Certification Forms for projects involving human subjects, tissues, cell lines, vertebrate animals and/or hazardous chemicals/research procedures for the 2014 Los Angeles County Science Fair.
Remember, ANY project involving human subjects, tissues, cell lines, vertebrate animals, and/or hazardous chemicals and research procedures MUST HAVE PRE-APPROVAL FROM THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY SCIENCE FAIR SCIENCE REVIEW COMMITTEE (SRC) BEFORE STUDENT RESEARCH CAN BEGIN. There are two opportunities left for students to submit proposals for approval:
- Fall submission- Deadline is Friday, October 4, 2013 (for students that plan to begin research after school begins in fall)
- Winter submission- Deadline is Friday, December 6, 2013 (for students that plan to begin research during winter break)
At the bottom of this webpage are the revised Certification Form documents and “Request for Approval” for both Junior and Senior divisions. The vital documents are marked as “new” following their name.
The new forms are “Interactive PDFs”- information can be typed directly into the forms and saved, using the “Student Name” to name the electronic file. Once students complete the forms, please EMAIL the completed paperwork, along with the cover sheet “Request for Approval” to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email that your forms have been received.
The Science Review Committee (SRC) for the Los Angeles County Science Fair will no longer accept papers or faxes when submitting Certification Forms for approval. If you have technical difficulty with scanning and saving electronic files, please email Jennifer Moses and she will provide assistance.
The Fair is moving to a “paperless” system to expedite the processing of the hundreds of Certification Forms submitted each year. Electronic submission will make it far easier for our SRC Members to review, comment and approve or disapprove submissions and do our part for the environment.
Download the “2014 Request for Approval for Student Research Plan form” which must be submitted with your group of student research plans.
Any questions, please contact Jennifer Moses, (323) 496-6797; email@example.com
- 2014 Important Dates & Deadlines
- 2013 Science Fair Bulletin
- Student Science Fair handbook
- 2014 Site Coordinator’s Check List
- 2014 School Participation Fee -DOWNLOAD – early bird discount!
- Pre-Approval for Projects PPT
- 2013-2014 Rules & Regs for Certification (new)
- 2014 Certification forms 601-068-Jr Division (new)
- 2014 Continuation (Multi-year) Projects – Jr Division (new)
- 2014 ISEF Certification & Continuation Forms (new)
- 2014 Request for Approval for Student Research Plan form (new)
- 2013 Screening Check-off Sheet