Click on the links below for information on:
- School Fees
- School & Site Coordinator Registration
- Student Registration
- Online Pre-Approval Registration
- Judges Registration
- Volunteer Registration
Our fair is doing our utmost to insure that needy schools and students who really want to challenge themselves and enter our fair will not meet financial barriers. That said, we are a 501 c3 all volunteer organization and and we have to fund raise over $140,000 to put on the fair. Submit a waiver for registration fees if this is the ONLY way in which your students can enter fair. Middle and High Schools may request a waiver for the registration fee if the school:
- receives Title 1 funding and the school fee will be difficult to cover by general funds, the PTA, Booster Club or a Fundraiser.
- has a population of 80% under-represented minorities in science, which includes students of American Indian or Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander, Filipino, Hispanic or African American heritage.
In order to encourage greater High School participation, the Los Angeles County Science and Engineering Fair this year is offering registration fees based on the number of projects a High School will send. We regret that we cannot offer this same pricing to Middle Schools, but it is our goal to fund raise an extra $15,000.00 this year so that we can eliminate all school registration fees for the 2016 Fair. We appreciate your understanding and welcome your help with reaching our fundraising goal!
Middle School Registration Fees:
1-13 projects $200 ($160 Early Bird)
2016 School Particpation Fee download – early bird discount!
School/Site Coordinator Registration
1. To register your school, send an email to email@example.com with the following information: school name as it will appear in program, email address for site coordinator (cannot be an email address used to volunteer or register as a judge); in the subject line put “New School Registration.”
2. The school’s name and Site Coordinator’s email address will be inputted into our system. The system will then send an email (within 48 hours) to the Site Coordinator with a password necessary to complete registration. Note: LAST YEAR’S PASSWORDS ARE NO LONGER VALID.
3. Once the password is received, Site Coordinators need to go to the online registration site and enter the email address and password. From that point, Site Coordinators will follow the prompts and fill in the required information. For returning Site Coordinators, the information should auto populate! Once all information is provided, Site Coordinators must check each box to signify that they are aware of and agree to the rules and regulations of the Los Angeles County Science and Engineering Fair.
Please read the video directions carefully and watch the video below before attempting to register your school!
Directions for the Step-by-Step School Registration Process video below:
- For BEST quality, once you click on the “play” arrow, hover your mouse pointer over the “gear” icon that will pop up on the lower right of the screen (it will say”change quality”) and select the highest quality (720p HD.) You can then reduce the size of the Registration Page window on your computer screen and open a second window for the School/Site Coordinator Online Registration Site link. By having both screens open, side-by-side, you can follow along with the video directions, pause the video and perform the needed actions at the Registration Site itself.
- If prefer, you can view the directions directly through YouTube by clicking on the YouTube button on the lower right of the video screen (like you did to change the quality.) You can then use a second computer or tablet to do the actual registering while you watch the directions on the first device…. Remember, you have to wait up to 48 hours to receive your computer-generated password before completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed.
Please have each student or team fill out the downloadable “2015 scratch sheet” and check for accuracy prior to registering on-line. For Team Project submittals, designate a Team Captain who will be responsible for online registration (only the Team Captain registers for his/her team online).
Note: Please understand that this scratch sheet is not on-line registration or a substitute for on-line registration—it is simply a means of proof reading student answers.
- Please have the downloadable 2015 scratch sheet read and printed out before you watch the video below and register. Make sure you show the scratch sheet to your Site Coordinator or teacher for proofreading before entering your information online.
- For BEST quality, once you click on the “play” arrow, hover your mouse pointer over the “gear” icon that will pop up on the lower right of the screen (it will say ”change quality”) and select the highest quality (720p HD.) For the best viewing of details, click the “Full Screen” frame on the extreme lower right corner of the video box.
- Remember, you have to wait up to 72 hours to receive your computer-generated password before adding your project information and completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed!
- After viewing the video, click here for the Online Registration Site (remember to select “student” when prompted)