Registration will open on Monday, September 15! For all you returning Site Coordinators, THANKS for making the 2014 Los Angeles County Science & Engineering Fair one of the best ever for our students! For all you NEW Site Coordinators, we look forward to making this challenging experience as smooth as possible…
This year, we are doing our utmost to insure that needy schools and students who really want to challenge themselves and enter our fair will not meet financial barriers. Middle and High Schools may download and request a registration fee waiver if the school receives Title 1 funding, is located in LA County Supervisory District I and/or has a population of 80% under-represented minorities in science. Please see the registration page for further details and a downloadable form for submission.
In order to encourage greater High School participation, the Los Angeles County Science and Engineering Fair this year is offering registration fees based on the number of projects a High School will send. Please see the registration page for further details.
Early bird registration 20% discount is available until Dec. 5th. Please see the registration page for further details and a downloadable form for submission.
School Registration Instructions
1. To register your school, send an email to email@example.com with the following information: school name as it will appear in program, email address for site coordinator (cannot be an email address used to volunteer or register as a judge); in the subject line put “New School Registration.”
2. The school’s name and Site Coordinator’s email address will be inputted into our system. The system will then send an email (within 48 hours) to the Site Coordinator with a password necessary to complete registration. Note: LAST YEAR’S PASSWORDS ARE NO LONGER VALID.
3. Once the password is received, Site Coordinators need to go to the registration site and enter the email address and password. From that point, Site Coordinators will follow the prompts and fill in the required information. For returning Site Coordinators, the information should auto populate! Once all information is provided, Site Coordinators must check each box to signify that they are aware of and agree to the rules and regulations of the Los Angeles County Science and Engineering Fair.
ATTENTION: Read the video directions carefully and watch the video before attempting to register! Directions for the Step-by-Step Online Registration Process video below:
For BEST quality, once you click on the “play” arrow, hover your mouse pointer over the “gear” icon that will pop up on the lower right of the screen (it will say”change quality”) and select the highest quality (720p HD.) You can then reduce the size of the Registration Page window on your computer screen and open a second window for the School/Site Coordinator Online Registration Site link below. By having both screens open, side-by-side, you can follow along with the video directions, pause the video and perform the needed actions at the Registration Site itself.
If prefer, you can view the directions directly through YouTube by clicking on the YouTube button on the lower right of the video screen (like you did to change the quality.) You can then use a second computer or tablet to do the actual registering while you watch the directions on the first device…. Remember, you have to wait up to 72 hours to receive your computer-generated password before completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed.
CLICK BELOW ↓ to enter the
Please read the similar Site Coordinator Registration Directions below before viewing.
Download 2015 Site Coordinator’s Check List (keep all year)
Science Fair Check-in, Step-by-step
(Change video setting to “480p” at bottom right of screen for best viewing)
Please have each student or team fill out the downloadable “scratch sheet” and check for accuracy prior to registering on-line. For Team Project submittals, designate a Team Captain who will be responsible for online registration (only the Team Captain registers for his/her team online).
Note: Please understand that this scratch sheet is not on-line registration or a substitute for on-line registration—it is simply a means of proof reading student answers.
- Please have the downloadable scratch sheet read and printed out before you watch the video below and register. Make sure you show the scratch sheet to your Site Coordinator or teacher for proofreading before entering your information online.
- For BEST quality, once you click on the “play” arrow, hover your mouse pointer over the “gear” icon that will pop up on the lower right of the screen (it will say ”change quality”) and select the highest quality (720p HD.) For the best viewing of details, click the “Full Screen” frame on the extreme lower right corner of the video box.
- Remember, you have to wait up to 72 hours to receive your computer-generated password before adding your project information and completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed!
- After viewing the video, click here for the Online Registration Site (remember to select “student” when prompted)
Final re-submissions for projects requiring pre-approval (for projects involving tissues, cell lines, microbes, human subjects, vertebrates or hazardous chemicals) are currently being read and will be emailed or faxed to schools by January 20-24, 2014.________________________________________________________________________________
“Coordinating a Science Fair” from DiscoveryOnline Science Fair Central
- School Registration Fee Waiver Request
- 2015 Important Dates & Deadlines
- 2015 LACSEF Rules-Regulations – NEW
- 2015 Continuation (Multi-year) Projects – Jr Division2015 LACSEF Student handbook – NEW
- 2013-14 Sci Fair Bulletin
- 2015 Site Coordinator’s Check List
- 2015 School Participation Fee -DOWNLOAD – early bird discount!
- 2015 Screening Sheet