Returning Site Coordinators: Last year’s password is no longer valid (the site has to be purged yearly.) Please click on the following link and read the RED directions in the graphic below to get a NEW password for this year. Once you get the password, continue to register as you have done before…
Here’s the link: http://app2.lascifair.org/
NEW SITE COORDINATORS: Make sure you watch the video on the REGISTRATION page to learn how to register your school for the Fair.Here’s the link: http://www.lascifair.org/registration/
Then follow the same directions above to get to the online registration site.________________________________________________________________________________
Please send any certification forms for projects involving tissues, cell lines, human subjects, vertebrate animals and/or hazardous chemicals, along with the Cover Sheet – Student Certification Forms to our dedicated email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make an effort to review ALL student projects needing certification before submission to make sure they are complete. Students should not submit certification forms themselves.
Jr. Division Certification Forms and Regulations
Sr. Division Certification Forms and Regulations
- SR checklist- research plan
- SR Intl Rules-Guidelines 2014
- 2014 ISEF Certification & Continuation Forms (new)
- Cover sheet-Student Certification forms
More resources to assist in Certification Approval
- Example-Jr Cert 601-068 forms
- Example-Request for Approval Cover Sheet
- Example-Jr Cert form-Hazardous Chem
- REFERENCES CITED FORMAT
- LACSF Student handbook-new
- Pre-Approval-project rules
Remember, ANY project involving human subjects, tissues, cell lines, vertebrate animals, and/or hazardous chemicals and research procedures MUST HAVE PRE-APPROVAL FROM THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY SCIENCE FAIR SCIENCE REVIEW COMMITTEE (SRC) BEFORE STUDENT RESEARCH CAN BEGIN. There are two opportunities left for students to submit proposals for approval:
- Fall submission- Deadline is Friday, October 4, 2013 (for students that plan to begin research after school begins in fall) – the Science Research Committee will be meeting October 16 to approve submissions – please get them in…
- Winter submission- Deadline is Friday, December 6, 2013 (for students that plan to begin research during winter break)
The new forms are “Interactive PDFs”- information can be typed directly into the forms and saved, using the “Student Name” to name the electronic file. Once students complete the forms, please EMAIL the completed paperwork, along with the cover sheet “Request for Approval” to email@example.com. You will receive an email shortly that your forms have been received.
The Science Review Committee (SRC) for the Los Angeles County Science Fair will no longer accept papers or faxes when submitting Certification Forms for approval. If you have technical difficulty with scanning and saving electronic files, please email Dean Gilbert and he will provide assistance.
The Fair is moving to a “paperless” system to expedite the processing of the hundreds of Certification Forms submitted each year. Electronic submission will make it far easier for our SRC Members to review, comment and approve or disapprove submissions and do our part for the environment.
Any questions, please contact Jennifer Moses, (323) 496-6797; firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions for Saving & Sending Certification Forms Electronically
For any forms that download as MS Word documents:
- Type in the information, print out the form and sign it with all the proper signatures.
- Scan the signed form(s) and save it as EITHER a .jpg image or as a PDF and email the form(s) to:
For any forms that download as PDF documents:
- With Adobe Acrobat Professional: type in the info and save it as a Doc or PDF - you can even insert previously scanned electronic signature(s) before the final save.
- With the LATEST Adobe Reader: type in the info and use “save as” and save it to another file name (student first & last name.)
- Scan (or take a high-quality photo of) the signed form(s) and save it as EITHER a .jpg image or as a PDF and email the form(s) to:
______________________________________________________________School and Site Coordinator Online Registration
ATTENTION: Read the video directions carefully and watch the video before attempting to register! Directions for the Step-by-Step Online Registration Process video below:
For BEST quality, once you click on the “play” arrow, hover your mouse pointer over the “gear” icon that will pop up on the lower right of the screen (it will say”change quality”) and select the highest quality (720p HD.) You can then reduce the size of the Registration Page window on your computer screen and open a second window for the School/Site Coordinator Online Registration Site link below. By having both screens open, side-by-side, you can follow along with the video directions, pause the video and perform the needed actions at the Registration Site itself.
If prefer, you can view the directions directly through YouTube by clicking on the YouTube button on the lower right of the video screen (like you did to change the quality.) You can then use a second computer or tablet to do the actual registering while you watch the directions on the first device…. Remember, you have to wait up to 72 hours to receive your computer-generated password before completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed.
CLICK BELOW ↓ to enter the
Site Coordinator Student Project Approval Directions Video
Please read the similar Site Coordinator Registration Directions below before viewing.
STUDENT Online registration Instructions
(opens Jan. 6th, 2014)
Online Registration Site (select “student” when prompted)
Please have the downloadable Scratch Sheet read and printed out before you watch the video below and register.
For BEST quality, once you click on the “play” arrow, hover your mouse pointer over the “gear” icon that will pop up on the lower right of the screen (it will say ”change quality”) and select the highest quality (720p HD.) For the best viewing of details, click the “Full Screen” frame on the extreme lower right corner of the video box.
Remember, you have to wait up to 72 hours to receive your computer-generated password before completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed.
Registration Information to help students
Download 2014 Site Coordinator’s Check List (keep all year)
Please have each student or team fill out the downloadable “Scratch Sheet 2014″ (coming soon) and check for accuracy prior to registering on-line. For Team Project submittals, designate a Team Captain who will be responsible for online registration (only the Team Captain registers for his/her team online).
Note: please understand that this scratch sheet is not on-line registration or a substitute for on-line registration—it is simply a means of proof reading student answers.
Science Fair Check-in, Step-by-step
(Change video setting to “480p” at bottom right of screen for best viewing)
“Coordinating a Science Fair” from DiscoveryOnline Science Fair Central
- 2014 Important Dates & Deadlines
- 2013-14 Sci Fair Bulletin
- Student Science Fair handbook
- 2014 Site Coordinator’s Check List
- 2014 School Participation Fee -DOWNLOAD – early bird discount!
- Pre-Approval for Projects PPT (not to be submitted, for review only)
- 2014 Continuation (Multi-year) Projects – Jr Division (new)
- 2013 Screening Check-off Sheet