FREE Science Fair Workshops!
We will be having summer, Saturday and after school workshops posted for the 2014-15 school year in early summer.
Do you want to improve the quality of student research?
Teachers will learn how to:
- Facilitate choosing a topic
- Implement research
- Track student progress
- Produce award-winning displays for Los Angeles County Science Fair competition
- Complete new pre-approval certification forms for projects involving Tissues/Cell lines, Human Subjects, Vertebrate Animals, Hazardous Materials and/or Microbes.
- First Time Science Fair Site Coordinators and/or Educators
- Veteran Science Fair Site Coordinators and/or Educators
The workshop includes digital resources with PowerPoint presentations available on flash drive and/or DropBox, for motivation and instruction, extensive curriculum and internet links.
Cost: F R E E (bring your laptop!)
Training dates: TBA
(Locations currently being negotiated for 2014-2015 School year)
- Six-seven Sept/Oct after school trainings, 4:o0-6:00pm
- September Saturday training, 9am – noon (at an informal science venue)
- Summer training at an informal science venue (3 hours, including tour)