Harvey Mudd College in Claremont is hosting our LAST teacher workshop for Science Fairs on Wednesday, October 22, from 4:00-6:30pm. Location: 301 Platt Blvd in Claremont, CA 91711 in Bldg #8 (Shanahan), Room 3460 (Skycube.) You will receive free parking info and other details when you email in the registration flyer below.
**LAUSD pre-approved professional development opportunities for 2 hours of salary credit, as part of 30 hours of credit per step: Course #PD-18-02
- Click here for Flyer & Registration for workshop at Harvey Mudd
Do you want to improve the quality of student research?
Teachers will learn how to:
- Facilitate choosing a topic
- Implement research
- Track student progress
- Produce award-winning displays for Los Angeles County Science Fair competition
- Complete new pre-approval certification forms for projects involving Tissues/Cell lines, Human Subjects, Vertebrate Animals, Hazardous Materials and/or Microbes.
- First Time Science Fair Site Coordinators and/or Educators
- Veteran Science Fair Site Coordinators and/or Educators
The workshop includes digital resources with PowerPoint presentations available on flash drive and/or DropBox, for motivation and instruction, extensive curriculum and internet links.
F R E E! (bring your laptop and a large Flash Drive!)
This year, we have partnered with local informal science venues throughout the county to give you an opportunity to tour new science resources and field research opportunities. We also have 3 Saturday trainings, as teachers requested.
ALL workshops will address the new ONLINE Pre-approval Certification website (coming in early September) for projects proposals involving Tissues/Cell Lines, Human Subjects, Vertebrate Animals, Hazardous Materials and Microbes.