Read the informational titles at the top of each photo in the slideshow below
wp_flash_img_show will display here (config: Judging)
General Tips for Day 2 – Judging
- Clothing: clothes should be neat, preferably business style– this shows your respect for yourself and the judges.
- Rehearse Your Presentation: you will more relaxed if you are prepared.
- DON’T MISS THE INTERVIEW – arrive EARLY (check directions & parking)
- Attend the “Nine Quick Tips Workshop” session on Registration Day. (See below)
- Courtesy: Introduce yourself to each judge and shake hands. Look at them directly when answering a question or listening to a comment
- You are the expert. NO ONE knows more than you do about your project. The judges are truly interested in what you have to say. They are not here to criticize or put you down. They will put you at ease.
Nine Quick Tips Workshop – Day 1 only
- 3 pm & 3:30pm
- 4 pm & 4:30pm
- 5 pm & 5:30pm
- 6 pm & 6:30pm
- 7 pm & 7:30pm
- 8 pm & 8:30pm
1. Think of yourself as belonging to the science community. You are sharing your ideas among colleagues 2. Find a way to get physically comfortable with yourself just before you begin. Breathe easily! 3. Draw from what you know by heart– so that it doesn’t sound overly “memorized.” Speak from your place of confidence! 4. Communicate in a natural manner, not rushed, perhaps just a bit slower than usual. Give each idea its moment in the sun. 5. Let your opening start with a BIG IDEA, then connect it to your research topic. Place your project into context! 6. Provide a brief overview of highlights, like an abstract or a movie trailer. Excite your audience about your project! 7. Allow questions and comments to guide the direction of your presentation. Pause from time to time to allow for dialogue! 8. If you don’t know, use the moment to think out loud with your colleagues. Show the quality of your thinking process! 9. Used sparingly, humor, charm, and eye contact may help you connect with your colleagues. Stay focused on the science story!