Need help getting started on your science fair project? In this video series, a JPL scientist, engineer and educator team up to help you learn how to craft your very own idea for a great science fair project and see it through to completion. EXCELLENT SERIES!
Discovery Education: Science Fair Central In-depth multimedia support on all aspects of science fair project preparation and presentation: awesome resource!
SCIENCE BUDDIES: Free Help from Scientists and Engineers for 6th-12th Grade Science Students!
Listed below are the names and emails of members of the Los Angeles County Science Fair Committee who are veteran science fair site coordinators available to answer teacher questions related to implementing a local science fair, preparing for the LA County Science Fair, monitoring student research, filling out required certification forms, etc.Emily Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org Anne Maben email@example.com Jennifer Moses firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Soule email@example.com
Margery Weitkamp firstname.lastname@example.org
PBS DragonflyTV: Jr Project ideas with videos from real students
The folks from Education.com give you lots of help! Science fair season is upon us! Parents, we know it can be a challenge to know how to best support your child in this difficult endeavor. And, students, we understand how overwhelming the process can be. We’ve checked with the experts, and we’ve gathered the information to ease the stress of science fairs for everyone in the household.
- Tips for Parents to Avoid Taking Over Science Fair Projects
- How to Find Science Fair Project Inspiration
- What Makes a Good Science Fair Project?
- Science Fairs: Why and How?
- Science Fairs: Who Judges Student Work?
- A Science Fair Survival Guide
- Organizing and Conducting a Science Fair Project
- Making a Project a Winner
- How to Survive the Science Fair Experience (For Parents)
- Fun Science Fair Projects That Capture Kids Attention
New! Student-developed Support Website!
We are launching a student‐developed website to
encourage and support scientific research and inquiry. Come join the conversation!!!
This web resource offers a student a platform to:
• brainstorm ideas for a science fair project;
• engage in a discussion board to get help and to help others with research;
• discuss research with the forum on a particular project;
• ask questions from experienced mentors;
• post articles about research;
• discuss today’s science and current events;
• discover something new;
• gain a new perspective on science and its applications;
• and much more…