JR Division 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners:
You should have received a password in the nominee packet you were given at the awards ceremony from the Los Angeles County Science & Engineering Fair; please be sure to complete the entire registration procedure before the deadline, June 17, 2015
Please register online as early as possible—once you have registered an application, Broadcom Masters will email you special opportunities and updates
- Just by entering you can win a free iPod Nano! All entrants receive a free t-shirt, and can become one of 300 semifinalists or 30 finalists in the national competition.
- We encourage you to follow Broadcom MASTERS on Facebook, where stories will be posted about nominees all over the US and other cool opportunities!
- You can also use the hashtag #brcmmasters and brag about your nominations on social media
- Here’s the link to the Broadcom MASTERS App for iPhone and Android
About the Broadcom Masters
The Broadcom Masters Competition, the nations premier science, technology, engineering and math competition for middle school students will be judged during the summer.
Middle school students are nominated to compete in the Broadcom MASTERS by Society for Science and the Public (SSP)-affiliated science fairs held during the school year. The 1st Place winner in each Junior Division category will automatically be considered to represent Los Angeles County at the Broadcom Masters Competition. Nominees enter the competition by completing an application explaining their science project and demonstrating their use of STEM principles – science, technology, engineering and math – in the development and presentation of their project. From among the national entrants, 300 semi-finalists are selected, including 30 finalists.
The Los Angeles County Science Fair is pleased to announce participation in the Broadcom Masters competition, 2015
Download the attached Broadcom MASTERS overview and photo gallery that outlines the process for both students and teachers including key program dates and the alumni “words of wisdom”.
Selected students who are qualified (Jr. Division students that received 1st, 2nd or 3rd place ONLY) will receive a password in the nominee packet they receive at the awards ceremony from the Los Angeles County Science & Engineering Fair to participate; please be sure to complete the entire registration procedure before the deadline, June 17, 2015.
- All documents that are included in the nominee packets are accessible via this url link: https://student.societyforscience.org/nominees
- For Rules and regulations and questions about Broadcom, click FAQs here
- In order for you to access your online application, you will need to enter the password in your nominee packet.
Key 2015 Broadcom MASTERS dates
- February 1, 2015 – Broadcom MASTERS Application Opens for Nominees
- Spring 2015 – Science Fair Season; SSP reminders to fairs to nominate students, submit nominee lists online, and encourage students to apply.
- June 17, 2015 – Broadcom MASTERS Application Close
- Summer 2015 – Semifinalist and Finalist Announcement – Finalists will be selected, announced, and awarded an all expense paid trip for both the student and one parent to Washington DC to attend the Finals (Society for Science and the Public)
- October 1-5, 2015 – Broadcom MASTERS Finals Week in Silicon Valley
South Pasadena student and the LA County Science Fair Junior Division winner, Raymond Gilmartin, took home the top prize and a $25,000 educational scholarship at the ceremony in Washington, D.C. on October 2, 2012.
Finalists travel with one parent or guardian to an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. to compete in the program finals. During this time, finalists present their original science fair projects and compete in team-based hands-on science and engineering activities. Finalist week tests their knowledge of science and engineering, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership skills. Top finalists receive awards, prizes and scientific excursions.