Volunteer Online Registration is now CLOSED!
- Click here for the required number of adult volunteers
- Click here for Volunteer Online Registration directions
We LOVE that you are sharing some of your valuable time to make our fair the best in the country! The Los Angeles County Science Fair is one of the oldest and largest regional fairs in the Western United States. The students whose hard work we are honoring would never have the quality experience they deserve without your help – you are awesome!
We have many, many different tasks that need to be done and the sooner you sign up, the greater the chance that you will have your top pick. There is a general list of activities and the duties they entail at the bottom of this page – you will be able to pick your specific date and block of time when you register. Most duties are for a 3 hour commitment and we have over-lapped blocks of time so that an experienced volunteer has time to get a new volunteer up to speed, for a smooth transition.
It is the policy of the annual Los Angeles County Science Fair that each participating school must provide adult volunteers (18 years or older.) Volunteers are not restricted to only teachers or parents. Volunteers can also be family members, business associates, neighbors or friends.
The required number of adult volunteers is determined by the number of student entries from your particular school. The breakdown is as follows:
- 1 to 3 Projects = 2 Volunteers
- 4 to 6 Projects = 3 Volunteers
- 7 to 9 Projects = 4 Volunteers
- 9 to 13 Projects = 5 Volunteers.
Click here to download the Volunteer Recruitment Letter 2016
Please contact Jennifer Moses at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know your school is providing a judge.
VOLUNTEER ONLINE REGISTRATION-Directions: (CLOSED)
- Read the description of duties (below) and shift days & hours and pre-select a first, second and third choice for volunteering, before going online.
- Click here for the Online Registration Site (shown below) and make sure you pull down “volunteer” for your position.
- Enter your data and volunteer choices and make sure to click “Save” at the bottom before leaving the site.
- Remember, you have to wait up to 72 hours to receive your computer-generated password before completing your registration. SAVE THE PASSWORD – it cannot be changed!
Volunteers will receive final confirmation via email the week prior to the Science Fair, scheduled for March 17-19, 2016, at the Pasadena Convention Center.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation in the 66th Annual Los Angeles County Science & Engineering Fair.Sonia Ventura, Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com